According to Land Traffic Act and Vehicle Act B.E. 2522, vehicles that are registered under such acts have to be stable, robust and have the right sizes and characteristics according to ministerial regulations for safety of drivers, passengers, other vehicles’ drivers, pedestrians and surroundings. For cars that are aged more than 7 years, those cars need to be inspected before paying annual vehicle tax.
When to do Tor Ror Or car inspection
You should do Tor Ror Or car inspection not more than 3 months before the expiry date of annual vehicle tax.How much does it cost for Tor Ror Or car inspection
- Motorcycle: 60 baht
- Car that is weighed not more than 2,000 kilograms: 200 baht
- Car that is weighed more than 2,000 kilograms: 300 baht
What are document you need to prepare and steps to do Tor Ror Or car inspection
- Bring your car and the vehicle registration manual with you.
- If your car gets Tor Ror Or car inspection and passed, you will get a Tor Ror Or car inspection certificate under the Department of Land Transport.
- If your car does not pass the test, you will get informed why your car doesn’t pass the test, so you can get it fixed and get it checked again within 15 days with a 50% discount of checking fee.
How to check service life of the car
To count the service life of your car, you can count from the first day you did the car registration to the last day of paying annual vehicle tax.
Where can you get Tor Ror Or car inspection in Thailand?
You can get Tor Ror Or car inspection in both offices of the Department of Land Transport or private companies that are approved by the Department of Land Transport except for cars that are modified after the registration, it needs to get inspected from offices of the Department of Land Transport only.
Apart from Tor Ror Or car inspection you need to do, you need to have car insurance in Thailand as well. This way you can drive your car more safely and worry less. You can check Rabbit Care to fill in your information and find out deals of car insurance in Thailand that suit you. All of the deals come from many well known companies that offer car insurance in Thailand. Compare all the deals, which one is car insurance in Thailand that suits you the most at just one place and save so much of your time and energy.